GOING GREEN TO KEEP YOU GOING.
Being responsible for our footprint in the environment has been part of our culture since our humble beginnings in 1957. Long before it became fashionable to call our initiatives green or environmentally friendly, GBT has combined safety with preserving our environment.
As a pioneer in liquid bulk transportation, GBT’s tank truck service has reduced the need for barrels, kegs and other forms of temporary packaging. We participate in initiatives like the SmartWay program in Canada and the United States, whereby industry benchmarks help us track our performance in reducing the use of non-renewable resources. GBT has been a member of SmartWay since 2010 and last year recorded a 4.3% improvement in fuel efficiency with a corresponding reduction of 1.2 MTonnes of NOx emissions. We have improved our fleet fuel efficiency by 22.5% since 2007.
Important components for our fleet design include:
- Automatic transmissions for better fuel economy
- PeopleNet Blu.2 satellite communications
- E-Logs since November 2010
- Aerodynamic design and fairings
- SmartWay approved tires
- Modern fleet maintained by continued fleet renewal
- PeopleNet Video Intelligence System for driver support
- Espar bunk heaters for driver comfort and reduced idling